Monday 17 November 2014

Thoughts: How do you deal with conflict?

I have always been a woman with Many words, a trait that many of us ladies have. But recently, while breastfeeding, I have come to the realisation that this is a LIE.

I am constantly badgering my husband about petty things, I'm not even sure he listens anymore. Honestly, I wouldn't listen to myself either. 

For the past few weeks I have been dealing with my own inner demons. My brain has this insane way of thinking. Its like I go into auto-play or auto-drive (whatever), I would be doing a chore - yes, because I'm a housewife - and I would be thinking about finances,babies, life, sex, food (Mainly food), family, ALL At the same damn time.

Its actually exactly as the marriage expert, Mark Gungor, explains it. He speaks at a Marriage Seminar . (Click HERE to watch it.) I think both husband and wife should watch it, together. Maybe at bed time you could take out the laptop and watch it, Its an eye opener and will also make you understand each other. I'm watching it now while I type this. (I gave Zakariya some magazines and also my mouse. its switched off but he just likes the sound of the "click")

Well anyway, I cant seem to get myself to actually talk about it.''It'' being my thoughts.Shit that really bugs me. 

Why am I able to rant about petty things and not about what's really going on in my head? for example: I hate the way he lays when he has to look after Zakariya. Why should i care about the position he is in when watching our child? OR when he takes too long to do something that I asked him to do. Why am I worrying about how long he takes to do something? I should do it myself if I want it done faster. but no. I make it a issue and annoy the shit out of myself because of the way he does things.

But when it comes to real SITUATIONS, real FEELINGS I cant tell him. I don't understand that about myself. 

Bottom line is I know the problem lies with me. Because, men are simple beings. (the ones that play the "it's complicated" card are stupid and haven't grown up yet and will probably die alone). If you're upset with your partner, just tell them. For some reason it becomes much harder to tell them because I don't want to hurt feelings or whatever..

And then you sit there for days/weeks/months with this issue until one day that small petty issue your partner is doing turns into this big problem.

But this does not only happen in spousal relationships, I think it happens in every other type of relationship as well. Its just that its harder when dealing with your spouse. That irritating colleague does not need to know they are irritating, because at 5pm you go your way and they go theirs. 

Your partner, on the other hand, will be there 24/7. 

I can't be the only woman on this planet that does this though, there are literally billions of females on earth. We might not be able to change our way of thinking but we could change what we decide to rant about.

So those who have this problem, lets try and be more open. lets talk about important issues, don't hold back. and lets forgive our partners for the stupid constant petty things. 

When my husband gets home, i'm going to hug him tightly and tell him howmuch he means to me, and thank him for putting up with all my moods.