Monday 17 November 2014

Easy Cinnabon Recipe

I baked Cinnabons. Initially, I did not want to post about my baking because firstly, i’m not a baker and secondly, this blog is supposed to be about me being a new mom.
But actually, when i think of my own mother, or grandmother the first thing that comes to mind is her food and her baking. When she makes scones or homemade bread. YUM I picked up weight just thinking about it.




From now on, this blog will be about everything i do as a mom. And today it Includes cinnabons.
I always research about five to ten different recipes just to see if they are all somewhat similar then i pick my favourite one and try and make it my own – by making it more fatty and unhealthy .

I did not take many pictures because i honestly thought they would not taste absolutely delicious like they did. WOW they were so good.

My Dad Ate about seven in total these last couple of days.

The entire house smelled of cinnamon and baked bread. I was so impressed with myself .  I don’t know why i’m sharing this recipe anyway, its so good it should be kept a family secret.

My recipe bakes 22 cinnabons.

What you need:

For the dough:

4 and 1/2 cups of flour
6 tablespoons of granulated sugar
1 pack of instant yeast 
1 cup of water (250ml)
1/2 cup of milk (full cream is always best)
80g of salted butter ( you could use unsalted butter, but then you need to add 2 teaspoons of salt)
2 eggs (I used Large eggs)

For The Filling:

250g Butter (room temperature, if not then just slightly microwave it)
1 cup of cinnamon powder
1 and 1/2 cup of sugar
chocolate chips

Cream Cheese Frosting

250g cream cheese
2 cups of icing sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla


My Method

  1. For the dough: Sift your flour, sugar and yeast. And then just combine it with a spoon .
  2. In a jug add your milk, water and butter. Heat it in the Microwave until you see that the butter has melted. Pour the liquid into the dry mixture and mix it until it forms some kind of dough like mess.
  3. add your two eggs and mix it in . I used my hands by the way, you could use a spoon. But trust me, everything is better with your hands.
  4. add some flour onto your kitchen counter and start to knead your dough for 5mins. It will form a really soft beautiful dough. you will know when its done when the dough starts to clean your hands.
  5. Lightly grease your bowl, then place your dough in there. let it rest for 10 minutes  with a cloth over it. No draft please.
  6. After the 10 minutes flour your kitchen counter again, place your dough on it and roll out your dough in a rectangular shape (the size of your rectangular baking tray), try and get it that shape so that everything is even. (mine wasn't, So i ended up having different cinnabon sizes)
  7. once you get that shape, Spread your butter all over the dough. Try and cover the entire dough.
  8. sprinkle a bit of your sugar and then your cinnamon powder, all over your buttered dough. And then the chocolate chips.
  9. Tightly start to roll the dough into an even log shape.
  10. With a knife cut your log-shaped dough into even sections. I got 22 pieces
  11. place them onto your baking tray, with a bit of space in between them so that there's spaces for them to raise. cover it with some foil and let them raise for about 70mins.
  12. After the 70 mins you will see big round swirls covering your whole baking tray :)
  13. oh yes! you need to pre heat your oven to 180 degrees celcius. I made mine less because my oven is much hotter than the actual temperature dial #dontknowwhy
  14. Place you're tray into your preheated oven and bake for about 25 - 30mins. I had to turn my tray around halfway through baking. I took them out at 26mins.
  15. Once its done you can mix your cream cheese, butter, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl and spread it all over the Hot cinnabons! keep some aside if someone wants extra on their cinnabon!
cinnabons ready to be baked int he oven

took this picture just after i spread some cream cheese frosting on them