Friday 6 June 2014

Has it been 6 Months already????



It All started with "OMG IM PREGNANT" and then finding out we were having a boy was even more exciting. I've always wanted a boy. especially my first child. I don't know, it was just one of those goals you have for no reason at all. but when it happens you pat yourself on the back for completing that goal. 





8 days before i gave birth

one day old




6 Months Old


Motherhood is a roller coaster Ride. The first week of his life I was petrified. The thought that kept reappearing in my brain was  "My baby is going to die". Thats a scary thought. Every time he cried. I Cried, not just cried. I froze. Like a Deer in headlights. I felt so helpless and stupid. To think i had so much Control of my life and then for this tiny little human to take that control away. (note: i'm a control freak. it can't help it) So i came to terms that i had a small case of Postpartum Depression. Luckily my hands-on husband (as we should have) saved both baby and me. So for that first week he helped a lot, actually he took control and did everything while i had my panic attacks. He also helped me overcome my fear and telling me straight. 

So thank you, Nazeem. I Love you so much and will never forget that. 

But now, six months after his birth, i can finally say that i have control again (maybe not so much regarding sleep, but everything else) I am enjoying motherhood. 6months ago feels like years ago. I'm slowly starting to forget my labour experience. luckily i wrote it down! But that's for a different post.

I am amazed at how his features have transformed into this little person in the photograph above, not so fragile anymore either. It is so beautiful. Every time i see an expectant mom i feel a connection to that woman, i feel the love that they feel. i feel excited for them. I know what they are going to go through. and it makes me so happy. We are like a little club. we are a part of a HUGE group of people.

We are moms 

xxx