Saturday 2 August 2014

Biosilk Kids Review

I've never put much thought into products when washing my son's hair. I just used the normal Johnson and Johnson top to toe wash or Elizabeth Anne shampoo. Until I started noticing the bald patch at the back of his head. 



It looked completely the opposite to the rest of his head. It was dry, dead, broken. It looked like he fried his hair with a hair straightener - Which he didn't.

I went to Dischem, in Century City, looking for various shampoos and conditioners or anything that would "detangle" Zakariya's dry hair.

I found Biosilk Kids. I knew nothing about the brand itself but the first thing that caught my eye was the product design. The Packaging of this brand was eye-catching. It was bright and so kid friendly. They are shaped like Oversized crayons. I thought it was fantastic!

Next was the smell: I discretely removed the lid of the shampoo bottle and took a sniff. It smelled so good I wanted to taste it to see if there would still be a bubblegum flavour. 

I turned it over and read the directions and it was the usual directions you would see on a professional hair product for an adult. This is what i liked about it. I never understood the whole concept of using a product that one could use on the entire body. My hair needed a different product than the products being produced for washing the rest of my body. 

So far Biosilk Kids Shampoo and Conditioner was meeting the requirements. It ticked all the boxes in my mental checklist.

The only downside of Biosilk Kids that i could find was the Cost. It was Far too pricey to actually spend my own money to buy this product for my son that has not reached a year yet.

The shampoo was between R80-R90 - Thats more than what I spend on my own shampoo by the way. the Conditioner was between R50-R60. see, CRAZY MONEY.

But this tempted me to actually take it and spend fifteen minutes in the line to buy it! So for fifteen minutes I was debating with myself whether or not to buy it.

Obviously, I bought it. 

It was worth every single cent. I love this brand. It delivered on everything it promised on the packaging. 

Zakariya's hair has never looked better. the dry patch is now manageable and shiny! His whole head is shiny. I feel like i'm a hair stylist when washing his hair. 


If you do see this review and you decide to take it, please don't forget to thank me after :)






xxx